Highlands LLEN focuses on designing programs students will enjoy as well as gain insight, knowledge, hands-on skill building and visual recognition, to form that lightbulb moment and provide a first hand experience to formulate career choices.
Industry Engagement Programs \
Click each individual link below to view information for the Programs on offer!
- Farm to Table Tourdownload PDF
- Find Your Place(ment)download PDF
- Health Daydownload PDF
- How Things Workdownload PDF
- Industry expectations: Mock Interviewsdownload PDF
- Industry Expectations: Resumes, Cover Letters and LinkedIndownload PDF
- Industry Expereince: VR VIC VICE - Virtual Experiencedownload PDF
- NextGen Tradiesdownload PDF
- Sustainability Victoria in Schoolsdownload PDF
- REALTalksdownload PDF
- Renewable Energy Tourdownload PDF
- School Mine Site Surface Toursdownload PDF
- Tyre Changing - How safe is your cardownload PDF
- Western Bulldogs Leadership Workshopdownload PDF
- Who made it instagrammable challengedownload PDF
- Women In Manufacturingdownload PDF
- Zero Plastics Australiadownload PDF
Women In Trade \
With the demand from industry for workers and the need to reduce the stigma and stereotypes on women in non-traditional trades, Highlands LLEN have designed the Women in Trade and Try a Trade programs to promote the opportunities for women and men alike into the trades profession. This program in collaboration with Platinum Institute Australia and Women’s Health Grampians predominantly focuses on getting on the tools for a career in construction. Students experience a day in the life of a construction tradie by building their own mini house at school, including 4 walls, floor and roof. Schools are encouraged to paint the final product on completion with the offer of a painting workshop.
Mock Interviews with Lara Secondary College Students \
In collaboration with our partners Plan Group and Mas National, a panel mock interview was conducted for a first hand face to face visual of a real interview.
Q & A Session with Lara Secondary College Students \
Mas National was asked to include a combination of things we do right and things we do wrong in an interview, can you pick them?