As part of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) students can gain an additional qualification by selecting to study a Vocational Education and Training (VET) course. Studying a VET qualification will develop their skills and give them exposure to industry and experience in the workplace, prior to completing Secondary School. This can lead to many beneficial training and employment outcomes. VET is a mix of practical and theory assessments that are targeted to industry and the workplace.
About the Highlands LLEN VET Cluster \
The Highlands LLEN VET Cluster is a long-running, locally based partnership between secondary education providers in the Highlands Region. Our Cluster is proud to provide a diverse range of programs for students, that are nationally recognised and Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) approved.
- VET Program Guide 2023 Digital Version
View the Program Guide for 2023, alternatively individual pages are below
- 1st Year
1st Year applications for 2023 Programs are Open Now!
- Enrolment Information and Privacy Collection Notice \
Click the link below to view the VET Clusters Enrolment Information and Privacy Collection Notice for Parents and Carers
VET Program Guide 2023 \
Individual Programs \
- Guidelines to accompany individual Program Pagesdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Agriculturedownload PDF
- Certificate III in Allied Health Assistancedownload PDF
- Certificate II in Animal Caredownload PDF
- Cert II in Applied Fashion Design and Technologydownload PDF
- Certificate II in Automotivedownload PDF
- Certificate II Building and Construction (Carpentry) (partial completion)download PDF
- Certificate III in Community Servicesdownload PDF
- Certificate II & III in Dancedownload PDF
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education (partial completion)download PDF
- Certificate II in Electrotechnologydownload PDF
- Certificate II in Engineering Studiesdownload PDF
- Certificate III in Equine Studiesdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Furniture Making Pathwaysdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Hospitalitydownload PDF
- Certificate III Information Technologydownload PDF
- Certificate II in Kitchen Operationsdownload PDF
- Certificate III in Music (Sound Production)download PDF
- Certificate II in Outdoor Recreationdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Plumbing (partial completion)download PDF
- Certificate II in Retail Cosmeticsdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Salon Assistantdownload PDF
- Certificate III in Screen and Media and Certificate II in Creative Industriesdownload PDF
What is VET? \
VET is Vocational Education and Training. VET is Applied Learning and provides people with the workplace skills and knowledge required to work in specific industries.
VET Programs are developed in consultation with industry and offer a nationally recognised qualification.
What is VETDSS?
VETDSS is Vocational Education and Training Delivered to Secondary Students.
Why Study VETDSS? \
- Students gain credit towards VCE
- Students undertake Structured Workplace Learning
- Provides a pathway to further study, apprenticeships or employment
- Prepares students for jobs of the future and careers in the fastest growing industries such as: health care and social assistance, professional, scientific and technical services, construction, education and training, accommodation and food services.
- Allows students to study a wide range of Programs
Why Study VETDSS Continued \
- Develops workplace skills that put students ahead in the job race
- Training is delivered in a friendly learning environment
- Leads to interesting and worthwhile jobs
- Offers programs to suit all genders
- Classes are a mix of theory and practical, hands-on learning
- Presents high-quality, well-respected postschool options
- Participation can be a stepping stone to university
VET Cluster Success Stories \
Jacob Huber – St Patrick’s College
Jacob Huber enrolled in VET Electrotechnology, through the VET Cluster, in 2020. Jacob completed his first year of Certificate II in Electrotechnology and commenced his second year in 2021.
Jacob was offered an Electrical Apprenticeship in April and is now a full-time apprentice with Powerplay Electrical and Data. Jacob’s employer, Jason Heath, said “We are very impressed with Jacob and are pleased to offer him a position as 1st year apprentice at Powerplay Electrical and Data. Jacobs initial resume and interview stood him out from many others. He has already displayed a positive can – do attitude on the job and has presented well. Jacob is keen to learn and from that, I am sure he will become a great tradesman in four years.”
Congratulations on your success Jacob and we wish you all the best with you career!
Tahlia Grigg studied a Certificate II in Animal Studies in 2018 and 2019 through the VET Cluster. Tahlia received a VET in Schools Excellence Award at the Gordon Awards for Excellence in 2020. Tahlia has always loved being around animals and now she is able to extend that love of animal into her career as a Veterinary Nurse at a local Veterinary Practice in Ballarat. Congratulations Tahlia on your success!
Tiahna Brown – Damascus College
Tiahna Brown studied a Certificate II in Kitchen Operations, through the VET Cluster in 2018 and 2019.
Tiahna undertook scored assessment for VET Kitchen Operations and her diligent study habits were rewarded with a study score of 40+. Hence Tianha was named in The Age Newspaper VCE Honour Roll in 2020!