GROW Ballarat is a free Victorian Government initiative designed to increase the success of local businesses and create career opportunities for target groups in Ballarat. As one of five GROW regions, the program was launched in Ballarat in 2019. GROW Ballarat works with local businesses to foster social and economic development. This occurs through increased social and local procurement, and the creation of employment pathways for target groups.
GROW Ballarat offers local businesses... \
- Access to a pool of local talent that may not have been considered
- Full assistance in understanding and implementing social procurement
- A formula to help build the regional economy in which the business operates
- Advertising on all GROW Ballarat media platforms
- An easy and effective way to give back to the community
GROW Ballarat works with local businesses to... \
- Increase their percentage of local spend (versus money going outside of Ballarat)
- Buy socially (using Indigenous owned businesses, social enterprise etc.)
- Offer employment pathways
- Employ from target groups wherever possible
GROW Ballarat supplies all the tools and connections to make these things possible.
- GROW Ballarat Members \
Businesses across Ballarat are invited to commit to the GROW Ballarat behaviours. Small changes to where they spend their money and their employment strategies can have a huge impact on our local community.
- GROW Ballarat Partners \
We partner with organisations that are working hard to create change consistent with the GROW principles. By working together, our impact will be greater and more sustainable.
- Who do we help? \
We create employment opportunities for individuals who face unique barriers to work. We focus on disengaged young people including young mums, female mature-age jobseekers and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
What are the four GROW Ballarat principles? \
- Buy Local
Support local businesses to thrive and prosper in Ballarat by increasing local spend and providing opportunities for jobs growth.
- Buy Social
Support socially driven procurement, by building relationships between local businesses that benefit communities across Ballarat.
- Offer Employment Pathways
Facilitate the origination of traineeships, apprenticeships, work placements and work exposure opportunities to help train people for real and accessible employment opportunities. This means that job seekers will be equipped with the skills they require to meet job needs.
- Employ from Target Areas
Focus on equitable access to employment and helping to create strong, skilled and inclusive communities.