As part of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) students can gain an additional qualification by selecting to study a Vocational Education and Training (VET) course. Studying a VET qualification will develop their skills and give them exposure to industry and experience in the workplace, prior to completing Secondary School. This can lead to many beneficial training and employment outcomes. VET is a mix of practical and theory assessments that are targeted to industry and the workplace, complimenting VCE or VCAL.
About the Highlands LLEN VET Cluster \
The Highlands LLEN VET Cluster is a long-running, locally based partnership between secondary education providers in the Highlands Region. Our Cluster is proud to provide a diverse range of programs for students, that are nationally recognised and Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) approved.
In July 2017 the Highlands LLEN VET Cluster celebrated its 20th year of operation!
- How to Apply for 2022 VET Programs \
Click the link below to find out how to apply for 1st year 2022 VET Programs. If you are already a 1st year VET student, you will not need to reapply for 2nd year.
- 1st Year
1st year applications for 2022 Programs will open on the 6th of August 2021
- Enrolment Information and Privacy Collection Notice \
Click the link below to view the VET Clusters Enrolment Information and Privacy Collection Notice for Parents and Carers
VET Program Guides 2022 \
Click each individual link below to view information for the VET Programs on offer in 2022!
- Certificate II in Agriculture (partial completion)download PDF
- Certificate II in Animal Studiesdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Automotivedownload PDF
- Certificate II Building and Construction (Carpentry) (partial completion)download PDF
- Certificate III in Community Servicesdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Creative Industries and Certificate III in Screen and Mediadownload PDF
- Certificate II in Dancedownload PDF
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Educationdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Electrotechnologydownload PDF
- Certificate II in Engineering Studiesdownload PDF
- Certificate III in Equine Studiesdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Furniture Making Pathwaysdownload PDF
- Certificate III Information, Digital Media and Technologydownload PDF
- Certificate II in Kitchen Operationsdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Landscapingdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Plumbingdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Retail Cosmeticsdownload PDF
- Certificate II in Salon Assistancedownload PDF
- Certificate III in Sport and Recreationdownload PDF
What is VET? \
VET is Vocational Education and Training. VET is Applied Learning and provides people with the workplace skills and knowledge required to work in specific industries.
VET Programs are developed in consultation with industry and offer a nationally recognised qualification.
What is VETDSS?
VETDSS is Vocational Education and Training Delivered to Secondary Students.
Why Study VETDSS? \
- Students gain credit towards VCE and VCAL
- Students undertake Structured Workplace Learning
- Provides a pathway to further study, apprenticeships or employment
- Prepares students for jobs of the future and careers in the fastest growing industries such as: health care and social assistance, professional, scientific and technical services, construction, education and training, accommodation and food services.
- Allows students to study a wide range of Programs
Why Study VETDSS Continued \
- Develops workplace skills that put students ahead in the job race
- Training is delivered in a friendly learning environment
- Leads to interesting and worthwhile jobs
- Offers programs to suit all genders
- Classes are a mix of theory and practical, hands-on learning
- Presents high-quality, well-respected postschool options
- Participation can be a stepping stone to university