The past few years have seen a range of programs introduced to the Highlands region that seek to assist young people in finding employment. As of July 2019, the 12-month average for youth unemployment in Ballarat was 9.8%, sitting just below the Victorian average of 10.5% (ABS, Labour Force Survey, August, 2019.
The Jumpstart resource helps young people and the professionals who work with them to navigate the suite of both State and Federally funded Government services available for supporting young people to find employment.
- Full Resourcedownload PDF
- Introductiondownload PDF
- Program Locationsdownload PDF
- Transition to Workdownload PDF
- Skills and Job Centredownload PDF
- Jobs Victoria Employment Network (JVEN)download PDF
- Skills First Reconnectdownload PDF
- Work and Learning Centre - Next stepsdownload PDF
- Headspace Work and Studydownload PDF
- Job Activedownload PDF
- Empowering Youth Initiativedownload PDF
- Jobs Path Programdownload PDF
- Digital Industry Mentoring Servicedownload PDF
- Disability Employment Servicesdownload PDF