About UsLocal Learning and Employment Networks (LLENs) are a Victorian Government initiative. They bring together education providers, industry, community organisations, individual and government organisations to improve education, training and employment outcomes for young people in communities across Victoria. The Highlands LLEN incorporates five Local Government Areas; Ballarat, Hepburn, Moorabool, Pyrenees and Golden Plains.
The Highlands LLEN is a network of organisations and individuals that have a common interest in improving the post compulsory education and training opportunities and employment outcomes for young people.
LLENs provide the opportunity for communities, in partnership with government, to share responsibility for
improving outcomes for young people in post compulsory education, training and employment.
Why have Local Learning and Employment Networks been established?The primary objective in establishing LLENs is to improve educational outcomes for the young people of our region
They are a response to the government’s concern that:
- The levels of participation in post compulsory education and training must increase
- There needs to be greater collective accountability for the education, training and employment outcomes for BOTH primary and secondary students
Our VisionAll youth in our communities are successfully engaged in education, training or employment.
Our MissionTo create partnerships that support the learning and career pathways of all youth within our communities.
Core Values & Goals
- Acceptance of diversity and choice
- Quality Learning & Employment opportunities for all youth
- Advocating for appropriate transition support for all 10-19 year olds
- Strengthening partnerships, networks and community capacity